24 Hours Online
Plastic wood products have gradually become the preferred alternative to wood in recent years,So what are the advantages of plastic wood products compared with log products?
Plastic wood is based on wood fibers (wood chips, bamboo chips, wheat straw, rice bran, peanut shells, cotton straw and other biomass materials) as the main material, using polymer interface chemistry and the characteristics of plastic filling and modification, and mixing must be certain A proportion of polyolefin plastic base material, processed by a special process, is a reversible recycling, diversified basic material of morphology and structure. It not only maintains the appearance and feel of solid wood flooring, but also has good moisture resistance, water resistance, acid and alkali resistance, antifungal, antistatic, anti-moth and other properties, and plastic wood products have high fire resistance, pollution-free, pollution-free, and recyclable.Logs are wood segments that are cut into a certain length according to the size, shape, and quality standards or special regulations. This segment is called a log.
Advantages of plastic wood products
1. Plastic wood products have a smooth and delicate surface without sanding and paint.
2. Plastic wood products abandon the natural defects of wood, such as cracks, warpage, color difference, etc., so there is no need for maintenance.
3. The unique technology of plastic wood products can meet the needs of a variety of specifications, sizes, shapes, thicknesses, etc. This also includes providing finished products with a variety of designs, colors and wood grains, giving customers more choices.
4. Plastic wood products have excellent properties such as fire resistance, water resistance, corrosion resistance, moisture resistance, no insects, no fungus growth, acid and alkali resistance, non-toxicity, and pollution-free properties.
5. Plastic wood products have a long service life, on average more than five times longer than log products, and can be recycled.
6. Plastic wood products are firm, light weight, heat preservation, smooth and flat surface, free of formaldehyde and other harmful substances, non-toxic, non-polluting.
7. Plastic wood can be made into larger specifications and very complex shapes according to needs. It is widely used in pallet making, indoor and outdoor decoration, engineering construction, garden public design and other industries.
Disadvantages of log products
1. Log products are anisotropic and heterogeneous materials, that is to say, there are certain differences in the performance of each part, which are mainly manifested in various physical and mechanical properties. The uneven expansion and shrinkage of the wood aggravate the deformation of the wood, and the difference in strength in all directions can easily lead to the cracking of the log products.
2. Log products are a kind of hygroscopic material, that is to say, it is easy to get damp. Therefore, wet swelling and drying shrinkage will occur under natural conditions, which will affect the dimensional stability of wood products, that is, easy to deform.
3. Log products are natural high-molecular organic polymers, which make some insects and fungi (mold, wood rot fungi) parasitic, that is, easy to attract pests and corrosion, degrade the wood, and destroy the wood products, causing great manpower, Loss of material and financial resources.
4. Drying of log products consumes more energy, and even a little carelessness will cause defects such as warping and cracking, which will cause unnecessary losses.
5. Log products are flammable.
For the above analysis,we understand the advantages of plastic wood products compared with log products，so I think plastic wood products are more suitable for everyone to use than log products.